Jennifer Pinkowski (Dogs Only)
- For animal cruelty or animal abandonment reports of any kind please contact the Police Dept.
- For cats you will need to contact the Columbia Greene Humane Society, Animal Kind or a similar agency.
- Please note that there is no official department to handle stray or feral cats in Greenport, so contacting an agency will be at your own expense.
- For wildlife you will need to contact DEC or the Police Dept.
- Please note that they may only be able to assist you in the case of an aggressive, wild animal.
- For nuisance wildlife, you will need to contact a pest control specialist at your own expense.
- For Livestock and Farm Animals contact the Police Dept.
Greenport Dog Licenses:
In the Town of Greenport you are required to license all dogs at the time they reach 4 months of age. If you have not yet obtained a license for your dog(s) please do so immediately with the Town Clerk.
The cost of a Dog License is:
$11.00 for Spayed or Neutered
$18.00 for Unaltered
At the time of making an application you will need to have:
- Proof of rabies vaccination (including the manufacturer name for the serum and serum lot number)
- Proof that your dog is spayed or neutered (if applicable). You will need this proof to receive the reduced fee of $11.00.
For Your Dog(s) License to Remain Valid, It Must Be Renewed Annually
*The penalty for harboring an unlicensed dog may result in a fine up to $250 or imprisonment for a period of no more than 15 days. Each day that a violation continues shall constitute a separate offense.
Greenport Police Dept
500 Town Hall Drive, Hudson, NY 12534
New York State Police (Troop K – Livingston)
3353 Route 9, Hudson, NY 12534
Columbia County Sheriff’s Dept
85 Industrial Tract, Hudson, NY 12534
Columbia-Greene Humane Society (SPCA)
111 Humane Society Road, Hudson, NY 12534
721 Warren Street, Hudson, NY 12534
Columbia and Greene Counties DCO List
Dog Control Officer’s of Columbia & Greene Counties
State of New York, Department of Agriculture And Markets – Article 7
NYS AML Article 7
State of New York, Department of Agriculture And Markets – Article 26
Animal Cruelty Law
Town of Greenport, Chapter 46, Animals
Town of Greenport Animal Codes
Columbia-Greene Humane Society/SPCA
ASPCA – American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals